June 08, 2011

2 years in 2 bags

I'm not sure how it fit and I'm not sure how I'm going to repack it after training, but I (really my super amazing packer mother) managed to get basically everything I needed in one NorthFace rolling duffel, one hiking backpack, one carry-on backpack and a larger purse. I know most of time Peace Corps soon to be volunteers check out blogs of current Peace Corps volunteers for tips on packing. I can't say that my method is going to work for everyone, but here is the picture of what my bags look like.



Here is a general list of what I packed because I actually didn't count all my items.
- 10-20 Tee shirts  (included is some sleeping tees and some nicer ones)
- 10 long sleeved shirts
- 4 pairs of jeans
- 2 pairs of pants
- all the yoga pants I own (this is a lot of yoga pants)
- lots of socks
- 3 bathing suits and a bathing suit cover
- 3 summerish/nicer dresses
- 3 longer shirts
- a few pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of sneakers, TOMS shoes, Rainbows, flats & 2 other pairs of sandals. 
- One hoodie sweashirt and one zip up sweatshirt ( The zip-up is my 46HourABBS sweatshirt from THON and probably one of the best purchases I made in my life. I practically lived in it in college).
- underwear, obviously
- lots of toiletries
- laptop (and external hard drive)
- IPOD touch (Thanks mark!)
- Kindle (THANKS DAD!)
- Flip cam (Thanks Dad!)
- Nikon D60 
- Digital Camera (Thank you Donnie and Maria!!!)
- Host family gifts
- Pictures and cards from my amazing family and friends :) 

I'm sure there are a few things I'm forgetting to list, but you get the point. There are a few things I don't need right away and I will be having my parents ship, but for the most part I think we did pretty well. I have one more full day of life in New Jersey and in my house (I'll be relocating once I come back in August 2013). Goodbyes are definitely the worst, but I can honestly say after these past couple of weeks I truly have the best friends and family a girl could ask for. I want to thank EVERYONE for their kind words of support and advice, you have no idea how much it means to me. Before leaving you with a quote here is a picture of the quote on my luggage.
  
"Never STOP Exploring." Amen, NorthFace.



"Trust that little voice in your head that says 
'Wouldn't it be interesting if...' ; And then do it"
- Duane Michals

 
Hasta la próxima vez 
-Brielle

No comments:

Post a Comment