June 01, 2011

6. 1. 2011 Single Digits

I'm in single digits now. I can't believe how quick the time flew. First off, I want to say I have the BEST friends. I had an AMAZING time down in Sea Isle with some pretty awesome people. I'm going to miss you guys so much & really hope you all stay in touch. I want to hear all about your summertime & the next 2 years of your life. 

 
First night in Sea Isle for MDW . Left to Right Me, Danielle, Abby, Brandon. Amazing WEEKEND!







I had my interview for my Spanish levels today. Needless to say it went.... ok? The lady asked me what my favorite holiday was and I responded with "mi cumpleanos". She started laughing very hard which in turn made me laugh. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be placed in the basic Spanish class, but I was told by other volunteers its better to placed where you should be. You move up levels very quickly once you're in Peru. I'm sure the first few weeks there will be a lot of hand motions and charades going on but I'm confident that I'll pick up the language pretty quickly.

I wanted to update you guys on keeping in contact with me. On the right side of this page is my SKYPE address. My skype name is brix3bri23. Please download Skype (www.skype.com and it's free to download) if you don't have it already. I want to see all your beautiful faces! Also... my address during training has been posted (on the right of this page) with directions on how to mail things. Customs can be annoying so following the directions is key. I don't want them taking any of the stuff you guys thoughtfully send :) At some point I will have a telephone and the number will be there as well.

9 days til I'm to the next adventure of my crazy life. 


"The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein



Hasta la próxima vez 
-Brielle

No comments:

Post a Comment