June 24, 2011

PERUing in Your Pants

After writing my last blog... I thought it was necessary to discuss "Peruing in your pants." Since my own mother was a little confused.  I uploaded a picture of a 70 % percent pool. It is said that 70 %  (according to my favorite medical officer Jorge,  its really more like 90)of people poop their pants during their 2 years in Peru. So, Peru 17, decided to get a little competitive about this statistic and started a pool. Each person who entered the pool had to give 2 soles. The last person to poop in their pants gets the winnings.

This may be a little much for some people to read, but if you want a good insight on my life I do have to say that talking about bowel movements is a frequent topic between volunteers. You can often hear volunteers saying "I had a 3 this morning" "Really? Because mine was more like a 6. Must of been the cow heart with the salsa.."

Anyways. Jorge told us to "never trust a fart". You never knw what could happen, and now with soles on the line... things are getting intense. I will not NAME the volunteers.. but we have already lost 2 soldiers from the pool. It's only week 2. Some people are getting a little brave and decided to try ceviche near the streets. Bold move.

Peace Corps looks for applicants with humor. I think everyone in Peru 17 has that covered. However, bringing an extra pair of underwear and pants is still very mucha  reality.

Oh yeah...

don't forget your toilet paper.

-Brielle

No comments:

Post a Comment